WHAT IS SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL?
As you might have guessed from the name, synthetic motor oil is refined and man-made while conventional motor oil is less refined and more pure. More pure doesn’t make conventional oil better, though, as synthetic motor oil has added lubricants and other components for a reduction in breakdown and better stability.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SYNTHETIC OIL?
- Prolongs the life of your oil requiring fewer changes and less trips to the dealership (10,000km intervals)
- Flows in cold temperatures, reducing engine wear during frigid PEI winters
- Withstands higher temperatures than conventional oil, which keeps your engine running longer
- Better fuel and oil economy
- Resists oil breakdown, which helps protect your engine from strain
- Fewer emissions
- More environmentally-friendly because less used motor oil needs to be processed and disposed
**Conventional oil is still available upon request.**